In September of 2012, I moved my writing home to a new space titled Fostering Love at Home. I'd love for you to join me there!
As I mentioned last week, blogging takes time. I figured that while talking about it taking time I would also share some tips as to how to make use of your time wisely. These are tips that I use and find to be successful.
1. Keep an ongoing list of blog post ideas handy on a piece of paper that you can add to throughout your day, week, month, etc…Include thoughts about the post that will help you to remember what you were thinking.
2. Limit the time you are going to spend on blog related tasks per day or per week. Then make sure to following through with the limits. Whatever you can get done, get done. Prioritize tasks that way you can accomplish the most important things.
3. Set aside a specific amount of time on a specific day (Weekly or Monthly) and devote that time to writing blog posts. Refer to your master list (#1) to write the posts. Write them and read over them to make sure they are ready to be published. Schedule them to be posted throughout the week or month.
4. Decide a schedule for posting that you want to follow, let this reflect the time you have available to write posts. For example, my husband posts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He writes his posts on one day per month. I like to write daily, however I don’t always accomplish that. However, I also leave some days open to spur of the moment posts (When time allows).
5. Pray for your blog. I treat this blog as an online ministry that I use to glorify God. With that said, I shower this blog in prayer. I give it to God, allow for His leading, and give Him the results.
These are just 5 tips that I could think of off the top of my head. Do you have any tips to share that help you to manage your blog and the time you spend building it?